Thank you for your interest in A Better Home
Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm. There is some flexibility with these hours and most of our guys leave early on Friday as soon as they hit their 40 hours for the week.
Who are we?
A Better Home is a small, family owned remodeling company who values their clients, their employees and their final product whether it be a remodel or an addition.
What are expected qualifications?
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have at least 1 year experience with carpentry work (2+ years is better)
- Must be able to work well with others &/or on your own if given tasks to complete
What skills are appreciated?
- Able to lift a minimum of 60lbs
- Able to basic carpentry tools (sawzall, circular saw, miter saw, nail guns, drills, grinders, planers, sanders, routers, joiners)
- Able to follow instructions by lead carpenter on site and ask questions as needed
- Able to read and understand construction floor plans
- Basic math, measurements and cuts needed for framing &/or trim work
- Communicate well with our team and our clients
- Able to make it to work on time and communicate if running late
- Able to plan ahead and know what tomorrow will bring and what supplies are needed
- Able to work efficiently to accomplish tasks needed with the quality of work expected
Job tasks our carpenters do (will train you with some of these if you are not familiar):
- Demolition for remodel
- Framing new additions &/or new walls
- Vapor barrier & fire blocking
- Insulation (minimal)
- Setting windows & doors
- Drywall patching
- Setting cabinets
- Trim work
- Clean up
If you have a good work ethic and enjoy remodeling and carpentry tasks listed above, please contact us today! We are a great company to work for and offer fair pay for fair experience, as well as room to grow!
Email us at: email@example.com